Assistant Manager, Marketing - Smashbox/ GLAMGLOW Travel Retail Worldwide
Marketing Assistant Manager Travel Retail World Wide Smashbox and Glamglow works closely with the ED Marketing , Travel Retail World Wide in a dynamic and exciting global role managing and developing all aspects of the marketing and business plan for the Travel Retail channel. Assist in program development from concept building to final in-market execution. Partner with global, cross-functional teams and regional TR teams to drive programs to completion.
- Act as the primary contact/point person for SBX and GG and manage day to day operations for the SBX and GG brands in Travel Retail WW.
- Create, coordinate, and execute TR exclusive programs. Maintain regular communication and coordination with key stakeholders in cross-functional departments, including: Global Marketing, GBSC, Finance, Demand Planning, Creative, Visual Merchandising, Regional Teams and Distribution center, proactively identify new business opportunity to further the brand in the channel.
- Develop, maintain and issue TR marketing calendars and 360 engagement plans. Provides TR regions with timely information on all calendarized programs; liaises regularly with TR regional marketing teams to ensure programs meet TR regional needs.
- Proactively manage the TR assortment and proposed regular optimization.
- Partner very closely with Demand Planning and TR regions on managing forecasts for saleable and non-saleable items reviewing the global marketing bulletins detailing TR participation (or not with rationale), newness anniversary, forecasting guidelines alignment and cost of goods analysis.
- Take the lead on Maximization of SAP business intelligence with sell in and sell thru reporting along with any ad hoc reporting to help drive business decisions. Present recommendations and tactics to internal partners on new consumer engagement opportunities.
- Constantly inform business decisions by keeping abreast of competitive activity including market share, pricing, packaging, sampling, and advertising.
- Partner with Demand Planning and Lachen inventory control to minimize Supply Restriction and Excess inventory levels within plan targets. Ensure top skus are proactively managed with healthy stock levels to support customer orders and service levels. Lead and manage new events and existing sku inventory levels via bi-weekly calls and elevate issues with recommendations.
- Operationalize the non saleable process: ensure TR regions forecast based on brand and TR channel budget and strategies; manage inventory deficiencies or excesses with Lachen inventory control team and demand planning.
CREATIVE AND VISUAL MERCHANDISING OPERATIONS
- Responsible for localizing all advertising and TR regional related creative requests for artwork assets. Ensure Consistent & Timely delivery of artwork assets to relevant media.
- Develop seasonal VM guidelines Project working closely with TR VM team. Effectively manage the coordination of new visual merchandising tools, artwork assets and requirements for all TR regions.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing and operational experience a plus.
- Self-motivated and meticulous with excellent project management skills with outstanding ability to multi-task.
- Creative self-starter who takes a proactive approach to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Attention to details.
- High degree of enthusiasm, energy and resilience. Entrepreneurial mind set.
- Able to work with a diverse group of individuals and outstanding team player.
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Meet Some of SmashBox Cosmetics's Employees
Executive Director, North America Marketing
Breanna partners with top retailers and Smashbox’s internal teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute Smashbox’s marketing strategies for North America.
Back to top