Assistant Manager, Digital Asset Management, Smashbox Cosmetics
This role meets needs for studio-to-market asset tracking, and development, management and strict organization of assets, and delivery of assets to end users and markets globally across the brand.
Asset Tracking & Development: 30%
- Identify unique ways to organize and manage the digital asset life cycle from creation to production, distribution, and archiving.
- Participate in and influence Smashbox’s larger DAM enterprise direction and solutions.
- Monitor, report, and analyze DAM system statistics and ROI.
Management & Organization of Assets: 30%
- Become immersed in the Smashbox environment to gain a thorough understanding of Smashbox’s needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal issues around asset use and create solutions that serve both creative and legal requirements.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of asset metadata models incorporating industry standards and Smashbox’s unique requirements.
- Understand tools available internally and externally to devise solutions that are flexible for our organization’
Interdepartment Collaboration: 20%
- Develop, schedule, and conduct DAM user training for different audiences both internal and external to Smashbox.
- Analyze internal processes, identify bottlenecks and solutions for streamlining, and implement them across the brand.
Delivery of Assets: 20%
- Provide prompt and thorough service of Smashbox digital assets to requesters, globally.
- Schedule and conduct regular meetings with stakeholders using Smashbox’s DAM in order to manage input and meet user needs.
- Find elegant and creative solutions to regular system issues in the everyday use and access to Smashbox’s DAM.
- Create clear and detailed case studies/user stories and reporting/acceptance criteria to identify and prioritize requirements and workflow.
- Develop a thorough understanding of user needs and how these differ to create solutions that work for individual audiences.
Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
Embraces and Initiates Change:
Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to
initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
Builds Collaborative Relationships:
Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
Demonstrates Learning Agility:
Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly
mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Strives for Excellence in Execution:
Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor or equivalent Experience
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Adobe Creative Cloud, Capture One, globaledit (desired)
Meet Some of SmashBoxCosmetics's Employees
Manager, Global Social Marketing
Alex manages global social marketing and defines the brand’s voice. She handles social calendars across channels and works with creative teams to produce content that exceeds benchmarks.
Back to top