As a Value Strategist, you will lead the development and adoption of a company-wide customer adoption approach that creates higher levels of customer success and revenue growth. As an essential member of the World Wide Field Ops (WWFO) team, you will work with other teams to improve Smartsheet's go-to-market (GTM) capabilities and promote the new Customer Outcomes Journey internally and to customers. You will focus on outcome and value conversations throughout the customer lifecycle.
You will report to the Vice President, Customer Outcomes Journey and be based in the field, US (remote or hybrid working arrangements are possible).
- Develop Customer Outcome Journey GTM projects by working with sales, marketing and customer success.
- Create and improve Value Management offerings to increase sales productivity and improve deal velocity
- Lead the design, development and implementation of sales tools to support ARR pipeline growth and NDRR
- Identify strategic use cases within the Smartsheet customer base to support large enterprise deals
- Create and execute a consistent value management approach with field sales in our most strategic accounts, including training sessions in self-service tools
- Create Executive level presentations targeted at both internal and C-level customer audiences
- Work closely with our data scientist / business analysts to develop thought leadership
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer retention
- Work with the Sales and Professional Services teams to share customer insights that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- Identify and share best practices across geographic regions
- 8+ years of management experience in a management consulting firm or software company with a focus on value management/engineering or sales transformation
- 3+ years of program management experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis in Finance or accounting)
- Sales GTM experience working with strategic deals, account teams and/or projects
- Deep financial analysis and modeling skills including the ability to educate non-financial roles in concepts such as ROI, IRR, TCO etc.
- Strong executive presence and written communication skills including the business alignment of customer strategy and digital transformation business cases
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business needs
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!