Smartsheet is looking for a Tier 2 Escalation Specialist who is inquisitive, has a passion for technology, troubleshooting, and takes pride in resolving complex technical issues. You are expected to thoroughly research, test, and document issues and work directly with customers. You will not work in a silo; the Tier 2, Tier 3, Product and Engineering teams value collaboration and work together to resolve issues everyday. The Escalations team are process leaders in the Support organization and valued across the company for the essential and strategic functions they provide.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organisations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to Manager, Support Team based in Scotland, and can work from our Edinburgh, UK office, or remotely in the UK.
- Discover, investigate and test, document, and resolve or escalate customer reported issues. The ability to rapidly shift focus between tasks is essential in this role as we occasionally respond to majorly impacting customer issues and production events.
- Handle escalated cases from Tier 1 with a sense of ownership and customer focus.
- Support customers through multiple channels including email, phone, screen-share, and chat.
- Thoroughly understand, reproduce, document, and solve technical issues.
- Learn new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, and networking concepts.
- Work with colleagues and cross-departmental peers on a daily basis to help investigate complex customer issues.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the Smartsheet application, API, and our other first-party apps and integrations.
- Occasionally support the Tier 3 on-call Engineer during application incidents by managing communication and providing customer signal in crisis management production investigations.
- Contribute to our internal KCS knowledge base.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak fluent German and English
- 2+ years Support experience in a Tier 1 capacity, or 1+ year in an escalation capacity; supporting a SaaS product is a +.
- An understanding of the SaaS software model.
- General understanding with RESTful APIs and ability to evaluate and discuss technical integration scenarios and architectural concepts.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages or conceptual understanding of programming basics. We will provide training; a conceptual understanding is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills and prior customer-facing experience.
- The ability to break-down complex issues to troubleshoot and understand possible causes.
- Experience working with ticketing / CRM tools.
- The ability to manage investigations that may be ambiguous while simultaneously managing the customer and their expectations.
- The ability to empathize with an issue affecting a customer and the resulting business impact they're experiencing.
- Bachelor's degree, STEM degree or relevant industry certifications are a +.
- Eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!