The Platform Services team is looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join us in our mission critical work. Our team provides communication and collaboration capabilities that make Smartsheet the leader in collaborative work management software.
The team builds and operates a variety of different services supporting various capabilities of the Smartsheet platform such as: the collaboration service which provides real time updates to in-app Smartsheet users over WebSocket, supporting the collaborative nature of the platform, email-based notifications which are critical to support our customers' collaborative work, storage and caching services, and centralized system and user management services that are indispensable tools for managing and running the Smartsheet app.
Additionally, we have exciting greenfield projects including various other user-facing email features, an API platform to integrate external systems with Smartsheet internal services, and other exciting applications that will be vital to how we operate our business.
You will report to our Manager of Software Engineering located in our Bellevue office.
- Develop Java-based backend components that scale easily to accommodate rapid customer growth
- Develop microservices and software solutions using AWS technologies
- Become the expert for the team's SPA UI Architecture
- Write clean and efficient code in Java based on product specifications and operational feasibility
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- Work closely with other software engineers, SRE, and product managers
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience building scalable back-end services
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience automating CI/CD for a highly scalable system
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!