Software Engineer - Observability (Remote Eligible in UK)
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Say goodbye to half-day planning meetings, merge conflicts, deploys that take days, and weeks of bug fixing ahead of big bang releases. Say hello to writing your code and automated tests, deploying multiple times a day, having impact making happy customers and moving on to the next thing. All while working with committed colleagues in a collaborative environment where everyone is free to contribute to how we evolve our distributed, scalable solutions.
Smartsheet UK is looking for Software Engineers (SE) to join our Observability engineering team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build our automated workflow and large-scale synchronisation SaaS solutions.
We offer a competitive package composed of a base salary, annual bonus structure, and equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). You can work from our Edinburgh, UK office or remotely within the UK, and you will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Participate in system architecture discussions
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Continuous automation of systems and processes
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Work with cloud tooling to debug infrastructure problems
- Educate teams on telemetry best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with terraform or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, high availability applications
- Experience with one or more programming languages, e.g. Golang, Python, NodeJS
- Familiarity with Linux
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Containerization technologies
- Experience with telemetry platforms, e.g. Datadog, Prometheus.
- Experience with Linux debugging commands like tcpdump and strace
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top