Resource Management by Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Software Engineer II to join our Engineering team. The Resource Planning pillar delivers integrated people profile, capacity, scheduling, and time reporting capabilities that enable operational managers to confidently schedule the right resources on the right things at the right time, so that organizations can unlock the potential of their people.
Engineers on the Resource Management Integration Team work collaboratively. Our teams include technical experts, product experts, designers, user experience researchers, and customer support. In cross-functional units, we develop products focused on solving customer problems. We use a service-oriented architecture (SOA) to build quality software at enterprise scale. In this role, you will develop skills in distributed systems design, cloud architecture, and service operations.
You will report to the Manager of Engineering. Work will be remote until it is deemed safe to return to the office in Bellevue, WA. After that date, options will be available for both remote and in-office working locations.
- Participate across the full product life cycle: product design, implementation, and operational support.
- Develop software with a focus on excellent customer experiences.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution with a focus on test automation and code coverage.
- Maintain a high level of operational excellence focusing on application and infrastructure scalability, reliability, and performance.
- 2+ years web application development experience
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building scalable applications with high availability
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to create an inclusive environment that encourages and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives.