Software Development Engineer II - 10,000FT
- Bellevue, WA
10,000FT by Smartsheet is looking for an SDE II to join our Engineering team. 10,000FT is a SAAS application, specializing in PPM and resource management, that was acquired by Smartsheet in 2019. Our team is focused on bringing the added value of 10,000FT to all Smartsheet users, and continuing to build 10000ft's stand-alone capabilities as a leader in the growing space of collaborative work management. As an engineer on the 10000ft team, you would work with your teammates, technical and product experts in the organization, and design and customer support, on developing cutting-edge software focused on our customers' requirements. As a highly available service, we have a focus on operational excellence and all areas of DevOps including observability, telemetry, performance, scalability and availability, and these responsibilities are shared by all our engineers. You will learn and apply essential concepts in distributed systems design, cloud architecture, and service operation.
You will report to the Director of Engineering and work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate across the full product life cycle: product design, implementation, and operational support.
- Develop software with a focus on excellent customer experiences.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution with a focus on test automation and code coverage.
- Maintain a high level of operational excellence focusing on application and infrastructure scalability, reliability, and performance.
- 2+ years software development experience (Ruby on Rails, Java, React a plus)
- 2+ years web application development
- 1+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to create an inclusive environment that encourages and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and value
Back to top