Site Reliability Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Automation is the key to creating highly reliable large-scale software systems. Are you someone who engineers solutions to problems rather than simply fixing the same thing over and over again?
Smartsheet is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering Team. You will directly impact the reliability and performance of our critical production application; supporting 24/7 delivery to over 70,000 customers worldwide. You will work as part of a development team to improve application security, availability and performance. We operate our products across both our own data centers, and public cloud providers, such as AWS. Our team owns critical business services like networking and computing infrastructure.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our platforms. Our software teams are small, highly efficient, driven by results, and focused on building software that makes an impact. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based out of Bellevue, WA.
- Kubernetes or Docker Containerization - 1 year.
- Infrastructure as Code
- Terraform definitions for cloud resources - 1 year.
- Puppet or other similar configuration management - 1 year.
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices.
- Knowledge of cloud computing at scale on AWS, GCP, or Azure - 1 year.
- Proficient with basic internet protocols (eg HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP) - 2 years.
- Source control through Git
- Programming and Scripting languages such as Java, Go, Python, Bash, Ruby - 1 year.
- Linux administration - 3 years.
- Incident investigation and management.
- Have a desire to learn and understand new technologies.
- Be a critical thinker with an ability to positively contribute in a production support environment.
- Have experience troubleshooting and work and as part of a wider incident team..
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS (+3 years exp.) or MS (+1 years exp.) in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top