We're looking for creative, enthusiastic engineers who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. Smartsheet is a powerful and richly interactive web application built with AWS cloud technologies and diverse frameworks including Java, TypeScript, React/Redux, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and Node.js.
You'll work on a small team building a new feature area for the overall Smartsheet application, working with React, Go and AWS backend services.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in Bellevue, WA and you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement both client-side components and server-side handlers to create new features
- Guide best practices and operational excellence for the team as a whole
- Build integrations with external services, and integrate internally with Smartsheet itself
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and maintenance of a production application
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience working in a full-stack capacity, and working directly with product managers
- Work on a small team with a high level of ownership
- Experience in operations or DevOps, some competency with Linux systems and basic automation using Bash, Python
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Go language
- Experience building re-usable, library-quality React components
- Diverse experience with backend services (databases, queues, caches)
- Advanced experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience creating or manipulating PDF documents
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!