Senior Software Development Engineer - Full Stack
- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for a full stack engineer with a passion for both front-end and back-end technologies, and solving problems at scale. If you’re an application engineer, and you have the skills to create interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then we are looking for you. You will transform our UI Framework into a decoupled architecture allowing our development teams to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. You will implement UI features that work with our backend services. You will also contribute to our backend services that fuel capabilities like our RESTful APIs, and Webhooks for some of our important common services such search, mail, collaboration, sharing and access.
You will report to the Manager of Engineering, based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
Our team, Common Server Platform focuses on common services and features that improve communication, sharing, collaboration and discovery of relevant data.
- Become the expert for the team’s SPA UI Architecture
- Develop microservices and software solutions using AWS technologies
- Develop Java-based backend components that scale easily to accommodate rapid customer growth
- Write clean and efficient code in Java based on product specifications and operational feasibility
- Work with other software engineers, UX designers, SRE, and product managers
- 5+ years software development experience
- 4+ years full stack web application development, preferably with Java and React
- Experience building scalable UI applications
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale
- Experience building back-end services
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to have:
- Experience transforming a monolithic UI into micro frontend architecture
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Experience with Elasticsearch, and distributed cache
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWSExperience building RESTful APIs
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top