Senior Software Development Engineer - Events & Insights
- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. We value product-oriented engineers who can own and architect features from start to finish.
The Events and Insights team builds features that allow users to learn more about their data and provide governance controls inside their Smartsheet accounts. This includes features like Activity Log where users can view what changes have been made and rich filtering capabilities. Also we build our Event Reporting capability where Enterprise customers can get a real-time feed of changes in their account. We have exciting greenfield projects we are embarking on including providing users the ability to put governance controls and gain a deeper insight into their data and usage of Smartsheet.
As part of the Events and Insights team you will build front-end logic using React and Typescript. You will also participate in building REST-based microservices that can intake data from several sources while using cloud services.
You will report to our Manager of Software Engineering located in our Bellevue office.
- Contribute in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle
- Take technical responsibility for developing and maintaining our services.
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and best practices
- 5+ years software development experience
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks
- Experience with Microservices in AWS
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top