Senior Software Development Engineer
Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Have you spent more than 10 hours in meetings this week? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join the development team. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
- Experience developing service framework
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Back to top