Senior Software Development Engineer - 10,000FT
- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (Sr. SDE) to join our 10,000FT Engineering team. 10,000FT is a SAAS application, specializing in PPM and resource management, that was acquired by Smartsheet in 2019. Our team is focused on bringing the added value of 10,000FT to all Smartsheet users, as well as continuing to build out 10000ft’s stand-alone capabilities. We operate as an independent service team using a wide range of technologies. As a senior engineer on our team, you will work closely with other disciplines on product definition and design, as well as with your fellow engineers on technical design, development and DevOps, using frameworks and languages including React/Redux, Ruby on Rails, and Java, as well as AWS technologies such as RDS, Kinesis, Athena, and Elasticache. Senior engineers also play an important role in mentoring, guiding, on our team.
You will report to the Director of Engineering and work from our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in product design, technical design and development, and DevOps.
- Acquire and maintain areas of expertise.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution with a focus on test automation and code coverage.
- Maintain a high level operational excellence focusing on application and infrastructure scalability, reliability, and performance.
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- 2+ Experience in React/Redux, Ruby on Rails, or Java
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top