Senior Software Development Engineer
We're seeking smart people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people. We value product-oriented engineers who are able to own, architect and implement features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers work diligently to deliver the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Delight our customers by implementing highly visible and impactful features and improving existing ones
- Design and build services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customer base continues to grow
- Extend our RESTful API to support new and existing core functionality
- Develop and maintain server-side Java code
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years Java web application development
- Highly experienced in back end Java coding
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to have:
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST based APIs
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Back to top