Senior Software Development Engineer
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Software Development Engineer to join the quickly growing Boston engineering team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based out of Boston, MA.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Build highly scalable microservices that can run on public cloud infrastructures
- Build modular/reusable UI components
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing microservices in Java
- Experience working with AWS services
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers using React
- NoSQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Meet Some of Smartsheet's Employees
Carissa C.Manager of Software Development
Carissa collaborates with product managers, designers, and user experience specialists to create high quality front-end applications that appeal to Smartsheet's customer base.
Back to top