Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Are you someone who engineers solutions to problems rather than simply fixing the same thing over and over again?
Smartsheet is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering Team. you will directly enhance the reliability and performance of our critical production application; supporting 24/7 delivery to over 70,000 customers worldwide. You will be part of a development team to improve application security, availability and performance. We operate our products across both our own data centers, and public cloud providers, such as AWS. Our team owns critical business services like networking and computing infrastructure.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build our platforms. Our software teams are small, efficient, motivated by results, and focused on building software that makes an impact. Here is a short video: Smartsheet Overview Video
You will be reporting to our Sr. Manager of Engineering, based in Bellevue, WA, .
Skills & tools you will use:
- Kubernetes or Docker Containerization - 2+ Years
- Infrastructure as Code.
- Terraform definitions for cloud resources - 2+ years.
- Puppet or other similar configuration management - 3+ years.
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices.
- Knowledge of cloud computing at scale on AWS, GCP, or Azure - 3+ years.
- Proficient with basic internet protocols (eg HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP) - 5 years.
- Source control through Git
- Programming and Scripting languages such as Java, Go, Python, Bash, Ruby - 3+ years.
- Linux administration - 5+ years.
- Incident investigation and management.
- Strong desire to learn and understand new technologies.
- Have a passion for troubleshooting and finding solutions in a production support environment.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS (+5 years exp.) or MS (+3 years exp.) in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top