Senior Revenue Accountant
- Bellevue, WA
The Senior Revenue Accountant for Professional Services is an essential member of the team responsible for the accurate processing of our revenue accounting results for Professional Services following US GAAP and in compliance with SOX.
In addition to performing their monthly close tasks associated with recording services revenue, the Senior Accountant also works to understand variances to budget and period-over-period trends in subscription services revenue results. The Senior Accountant partners with various individuals and teams across the Financial Operations organization to understand invoicing and collection processes and their impact on revenue recognition. The Senior Accountant is a resource to FP&A, Financial Operations, Tax, and other teams which use revenue recognition information for their own processes.
This role is located in Bellevue, Washington and reports to the Services Revenue Accounting Manager.
- On a monthly basis, record revenue recognition and deferred revenue journal entries as related to professional services.
- Assist FP&A in preparation of monthly budget vs actual analysis for Professional Services revenue.
- Prepare month-over-month variance analyzes and present to Corporate Controller, CFO, and VP FP&A on a monthly basis, and CEO (on a quarterly basis).
- Perform essential controls related to SOX for Professional Services revenue accounting.
- Be (or become) proficient in ASC 606 as related to revenue recognition for Professional Services services.
- Create high-quality workpapers.
- Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team; help others when needed.
- 4+ years of progressive experience accounting
- CPA certification or CPA eligible
- Operate with high integrity and transparency
- Some public accounting experience
- Familiarity and comfort working in a SOX compliant environment,
- Work with Finance, Legal, Revenue Accounting, Financial Operations and other groups across the company
- Knowledge of an ERP system (preferably NetSuite)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals looking for employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Back to top