Senior, Information Security and Compliance
Smartsheet is redefining how the world manages and tracks work, serving over 95,000 customers across more than 190 countries. Trust is one of our core values, and as an organization, we accomplish that core value by maintaining and improving on systems that secure our customers’ data. We are looking for a Senior, Compliance and Corporate Information Security to join our growing security team. You will lead the implementation of a compliance program at Smartsheet. We’re looking for motivated individuals who will help with the future growth of Smartsheet.
You will report to the Director of Compliance and Corporate Security located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Perform activities to help monitor compliance with company procedures
- Work with Legal to support the business with the development of new and operation of ongoing compliance programs affecting Smartsheet products and customers
- Coordinate documentation, self-assessment testing, and remediation activities
- Create internal and externally facing security and compliance documentation
- Organize third-party attestations, audits, and certification efforts
- Design compliance programs and routines using Smartsheet and other tools
- Work with our customer-facing teams and customers directly, to help them understand our compliance posture
- Provide ongoing compliance and privacy training to the workforce to ensure compliance and privacy awareness
- Handle confidential matters discreetly
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of information security and security governance, risk and compliance frameworks, methodologies and practices
- Working knowledge of IT processes, IT compliance, IT frameworks, such as: SOX, SSAE 16 - SOC 1 & SOC 2, PCI compliance, NIST, FedRAMP, ISO 27001 & ISO 27002
- Evaluate risk and communicate risk
- Interpret information security data and processes to identify potential compliance issues
- Support additional ad-hoc activities related to business compliance
- Develop common control frameworks (CCF) or conducting cross-controls mapping
- Experience developing and auditing controls in a SaaS environment
- Working knowledge of other compliance areas such as OFAC, FCPA, SOX, HIPPA, FERPA, and ITAR
- Relevant professional certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPP, GIAC, PMP
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Information Security, Accounting, Computer Science, or a related field
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Meet Some of Smartsheet's Employees
Carissa C.Manager of Software Development
Carissa collaborates with product managers, designers, and user experience specialists to create high quality front-end applications that appeal to Smartsheet's customer base.
Back to top