In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management.
This position is based in Boston, MA and will report to our Manager of Engineering. This role may be performed remotely from any state within the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Bring your passion for quality and innovation into a group of motivated individuals, all working to build one of one of Smartsheet's fastest growing products
- Work across the full-stack, contributing to the full software development lifecycle: delivering new features for our platform
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Mentor team members regarding architecture and SDLC best practices
- Manage production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS)
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Deep understanding of Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud computing platform
- Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience building and maintaining scalable, high availability applications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code concepts and tools
- Working knowledge of CI/CD implementation best practices
- Working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Working knowledge of Message Queues and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (JUnit/TestNG, Robot, Cypress, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!