Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Smartsheets is looking for a Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our Business Data Platform team. You will be responsible for driving the design and development of data pipelines and data platform infrastructure components with a focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Business Data Platform and be based in our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Work with dispersed engineering teams and business users to design and build infrastructure to run data pipelines in to our centralized data platform.
- Contribute to full SDLC; defining, prioritizing, designing, implementing, testing, and deploying new features for our platform.
- Participate and contribute thoughtful feedback on peer design and code reviews.
- Support troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Own essential features and work in a self-directed, autonomous manner.
- Support other responsibilities as needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience with python or any high-level software language.
- Experience working on multi-terabyte big data systems.
- 6 months architecting or working with a SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS service running in AWS or other cloud provider.
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch, ECS, Fargate, RDS/Aurora and DynamoDB.
- Experience with Kubernetes/EKS is a big plus.
- Experience with Snowflake and Apache Airflow will go a long way.
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, Relational DBs, Object Store architectures across globally replicated cloud instances.
- Experience with reporting schema designs including denormalization, data warehouse, data lakes. Experience with Data modeling.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top