Senior Client Development Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Senior Client Development Manager. You will have a history of performance in quota attainment and developing enterprise customer accounts. This important role is part of the APAC Sales team, is based in Sydney, Australia and reports to a Senior Manager, Sales.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new market.
- Exceed software and services sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within ASX 200 or equivalent accounts
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple departments and lines of business
- Articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique business, solution and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline and bookings growth in immature accounts
- Define account strategies that ensures sales velocity by partnering with Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Consultants and Channel Account Managers
- Work with channel partners to identify opportunities to grow and scale account bookings
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using important metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using our CRM platform
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of enterprise sales experience, with a proven track record of high achievement
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably emerging SaaS solutions
- Ability to build relationships with ASX 200 or equivalent senior line-of-business and IT executives, and operational managers
- "Hunting" (new business) selling skills
- Experience managing a large and diverse pipeline of sales opportunities
- Exemplary written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience completing a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
- An understanding of the difference between activity and results
- The ability to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- A team first, company building mindset
- Knowledge of CRM software packages, and experience working in the Microsoft suite
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
- Must have working rights in Australia
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top