Senior Client Development Manager
- Bellevue, WA
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Senior Client Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have a history of over performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts.
This role is part of the Sales organization and is based at Smartsheet in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Commercial Sales Manager.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Smartsheet’s products and services, their functionality and applications in customer learning and development initiatives
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Achieve by meeting or exceeding sales support quotas by qualifying prospects
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Schedule online product demonstrations
- Ensure Smartsheet’s success in the retention and growth of account revenue
- Responsible for customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Consult with clients in defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy, in order to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Meet and exceed quotas utilizing a formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Partner and grow client relationships
- Collaborate, develop and strategize account plans with members of other Smartsheet teams
- 5 years of proven sales track record
- Experience in managing customer relationships and maintaining relationships in a B2B environment
- Sales experience in a technology oriented field
- Must understand and know how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Ability to work with multiple functional departments and roles to manage customer life cycle from implementation to renewal
- Excellent ability in analyzing the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Effectively develops networks and builds alliances with key individuals or groups. Manages competition between individuals or groups to eliminate barriers to building partnerships.
- Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Stays with a problem/line of thinking until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact internally and externally with senior level corporate management
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top