Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting
- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. We are confident that this represents an excellent opportunity for someone knowledgeable in accounting and proficient in building interpersonal relationships within and outside of their own department.
Our Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue. In addition to the monthly close and consolidation processes, this team covers a variety of challenging topics including internal-use software, leases, share-based compensation, payroll accounting, and self-insurance. The team has high visibility within the accounting organization and within the company. You will initially fully focus on processes of the newly acquired Brandfolder, including Brandfolder’s internal-use software, expense recognition and allocation, commission accounting, and payroll accounting.
The role will report to the Director of Corporate Accounting and will be located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Support the monthly close and consolidation process, including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide analysis of variances between financial results month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter.
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings.
- Work with our auditors as representative of the corporate accounting team.
- Help integrate corporate accounting processes between Smartsheet and Brandfolder.
- Perform all tasks following highest professional standards including SOX.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. CPA license.
- 5+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in accounting and/or finance positions.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with GAAP, financial statements, and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics.
- Drive to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top