- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. We are confident that this represents an excellent opportunity for someone knowledgeable in accounting and proficient in building interpersonal relationships within and outside of their own department.
Our Corporate Accounting team owns all P&L and Balance Sheet accounting other than that related to revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue. In addition to the monthly close and consolidation processes, this team covers a variety of challenging topics including internal-use software, leases, share-based compensation, payroll accounting, and self-insurance. The team has high visibility within the overall accounting organization and within the company. You will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will be located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Support the monthly close and consolidation process, including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide analysis of variances between financial results month-over-month and quarter-over-quarter.
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings.
- Interact with our auditors as representative of the corporate accounting team.
- Help integrate corporate accounting processes for acquired entities.
- Help ensure consistencies in processes between domestic and international accounting teams.
- Participate in continued development of internal processes, observing best practices and SOX requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- 3+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in accounting and finance positions.
- Public accounting experience.
- Experience with GAAP, financial statements, and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top