Smartsheet is looking for a dynamic Sales Development Representative to provide pre-sales support. You will service inbound sales inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. You will be one of the first touch points for prospects and set the tone for the sales cycle following. This role is a great opportunity to begin your career in sales or make a career transition into the SaaS industry.
You will report to the Manager, Commercial Sales and is based at Smartsheet in Bellevue, WA.
- Engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account knowledge
- Partner and work with the Commercial Sales teams - including New Business, Client Development, Customer Success and Professional Services
- Work with other Smartsheet teams to develop account knowledge, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools.
- Schedule appointments and demos for new logo acquisitions and expansion into existing customer base
- Hold thoughtful and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Be the subject matter expert on Smartsheet products and services
- Other duties as assigned
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and delivering a response presenting Smartsheet as a solution
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Contribute to the team effort and play an essential part in the smooth running of teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Ability to deal well with adversity; remaining driven and resilient
- Degree or relevant work experience
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!