Sales Development Representative
Smartsheet is looking for a high energy and dynamic Sales Development Representative to provide pre-sales support. This role will be responsible for servicing inbound sales and related inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following.
This role reports to the Commercial Sales Manager and is based at Smartsheet in Boston, MA.
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Effectively partner and work across the Commercial Sales teams - including New Business, Client Development, Customer Success and Professional Services.
- Work closely with other Smartsheet teams to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools (Tableau, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, etc)
- Schedule appointments and demos for new logo acquisitions and expansion into existing customer base
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Act as the subject matter expert on Smartsheet product offerings/solution development skills
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, Tableau, OpsCon, GoogleApps, Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Smartsheet.
- Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company
- Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
- Drive, Grit, Team Oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, capture, manage, automate, and report on work at scale. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Effective: Deliver quality
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Meet Some of Smartsheet's Employees
Carissa C.Manager of Software Development
Carissa collaborates with product managers, designers, and user experience specialists to create high quality front-end applications that appeal to Smartsheet's customer base.
Back to top