Sales Development Representative
- Boston, MA
Smartsheet is excited to hire a Sales Development Representative to provide pre-sales support and help set the tone for the sales cycle following. As the first touch point for prospects, you will service inbound sales inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. This role has the ability to expand into future sales opportunities within Smartsheet!
Due to COVID, all employees will onboarded remotely, but when it safe to return to work, you will be based in our Boston, MA office and report to the Manager, Commercial Sales.
- Engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Educate current users to expand awareness, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account knowledge
- Partner and work with the Commercial Sales teams - including New Business, Client Development, Customer Success and Professional Services on a daily basis.
- Work with other Smartsheet teams to develop account knowledge, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools (Tableau, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn)
- Schedule appointments and demos for new logo acquisitions and expansion into existing customer base
- Hold thoughtful and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Be the subject matter expert on Smartsheet products and services
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree preferred or relevant experience
- Business development success through use of sales tools: Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn, Tableau and OpsCon.
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and delivering a response presenting Smartsheet as a solution
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving production goals from assigned territory or set of accounts
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible play)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top