We are looking for a Principal UI Software Engineer with a passion for Front-End technologies and solving problems of scale in traffic and organizational size. We are looking for a person who wants to design, code and mentor. You will guide and help design our Single Page Application (SPA) UI Framework transition into a decoupled architecture allowing our many development teams to build and deploy UI solutions quickly and independently. You will work across the company in mentoring engineers, consulting with other principal engineers and designing comprehensive SPA UI frameworks and component libraries. You will present to product and engineering leadership to influence the technical direction our UI takes. And you will consult with development teams as they implement the framework designs and components and integrate them into the Smartsheet UI application.
You will report to an Engineering Leader and you also have the option to work remotely from any Smartsheet registered location within the United States.
- Create and promote a SPA UI Framework standard
- Become an expert in our SPA UI Architecture
- Evaluate new technologies to bring into our stack
- Consult with other teams across the organization on building UI components and frameworks
- Work with design and UX groups to establish UI standards
- Mentor UI Developers across the company
- 10+ years software development experience
- 8+ years web application development
- 2+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience building scalable, high availability UI applications
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale
- Successful in an environment with frequent production releases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!