New Business Representative- Majors (Account Executive)
Smartsheet is seeking a developed sales professional to join our Sales Team as a New Business Representative. The ideal candidate will have a history of over performance in quota attainment and winning new customer accounts with large to Enterprise companies. This important role is dedicated to acquiring new logos and holds responsibility contributing to our overall revenue goals. This position is based at Smartsheet in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Commercial Sales Manager.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products and solutions
- Qualify inbound leads and run new business sales cycles from end to end
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Acquire new business for Smartsheet by selling our full suite of products/services/solutions
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records via SalesForce
- Meet or exceed sales quotas by qualifying prospects
- Schedule online product demonstrations
- Execute effectively using consultative and solution oriented sales plans
- Ensure customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Consult with customers in defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy, in order to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Develop account plans for all strategic opportunities in your pipeline
- At least 5 years of closing experience – preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in managing and maintaining customer relationships in a B2B environment
- Formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Smartsheet is not a purpose built solutions and therefore requires deep discovery and customized demonstrations.
- Ability to gain an in-depth knowledge of Smartsheet’s products and services, their functionality and applications in customer learning and development initiatives
- Must know and understand how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Promotes the importance of collaboration within and across our business to create, capture, share and maximize value. Interacts effectively with others; is considerate and approachable; values, respects, and welcomes differences and others’ perspectives; is mindful of own authority and personal impact.
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory with Large to Enterprise customers to maximize revenue growth
- Establishes clear goals and priorities for the business; translates strategy into action plans; keeps the business focused on the core drivers of profitable growth. Holds self and others accountable for performance goals; does what is needed to ensure the business consistently delivers with excellence.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact with senior level corporate management
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Effective: Deliver quality
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Back to top