New Business Representative- ANZ/APAC
- Sydney, Australia
Smartsheet is seeking a developed sales professional to join our Sales Team as an APAC and/or ANZ New Business Representative. The ideal candidate will have a history of over-performance in quota attainment and acquiring new customer accounts. This important role is dedicated to acquiring new logos and holds responsibility contributing to our overall revenue goals. This position is based at Smartsheet in Sydney, AUS, and reports to the New Business Commercial Sales Manager.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney at the beginning of the fiscal year in January 2020! This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with a best in class team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across a new and emerging market!
- Specifically focused on customers within the 50-200 employee size segment
- Qualify inbound leads and run new business sales cycles from end to end
- Work closely with Sales Development counterparts who will be passing you leads that are reaching out to be contacted by Smartsheet
- Conduct Discovery calls with specific prospects that are typically business owners, functional heads, or senior management
- Be able to provide solution selling presentations and product demonstrations to a large volume of prospective customers
- Acquire new business for Smartsheet by selling our full suite of products/services/solutions
- Act as the subject matter expert in the features, benefits, and application of Smartsheet’s products and solutions
- Works effectively with cross-functional partners in Customer Success, Solutions Implementations Consultants, Strategic Consultants, and Customer Support
- Be able to forecast deal cycles in month as well as quarterly target periods
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records via SalesForce
- Meet or exceed sales quotas by converting prospects into new logos and driving net new revenue
- Execute effectively using consultative and solution-oriented sales plans
- Consult with customers in defining collaboration goals, business value and impact, success criteria, and program strategy, in order to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Develop account plans and quarterly business reviews for all strategic opportunities in your pipeline
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years proven sales track record – preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in managing and maintaining customer relationships in a B2B environment
- Formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Smartsheet is not a purpose-built solution and therefore requires deep discovery and customized demonstrations.
- Ability to gain an in-depth knowledge of Smartsheet’s products and services, their functionality and applications in customer learning and development initiatives
- Must know and understand how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Promotes the importance of collaboration within and across our business to create, capture, share and maximize value. Interacts effectively with others; is considerate and approachable; values, respects, and welcomes differences and others’ perspectives; is mindful of own authority and personal impact.
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Establishes clear goals and priorities for the business; translates strategy into action plans; keeps the business focused on the core drivers of profitable growth.
- Holds self and others accountable for performance goals; does what is needed to ensure the business consistently delivers with excellence.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact with senior-level corporate management and business owners
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- An affinity for educating new customers on the value of Collaborative Workforce Management
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
- Must already have working rights in Australia
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Google Apps, Tableau and Outreach
- Knowledge of Smartsheet as a user
- Experience working in the ANZ/APAC market
- Has worked with Channel partners in previous experience in different regions and verticals
- Ability to speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean would be a strength in this role, but not a necessity
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top