Smartsheet is seeking a developed sales professional to join our Sales Team as a New Business Account Executive. You will have a history of exceeding quota attainment and winning new customer accounts. This important role is dedicated to acquiring new logos, however, also holds responsibility to expand Smartsheet's footprint within a select number of existing customers.
This role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet in London, UK (hybrid, remote eligible) and reports to a Manager, Commercial Sales.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the features, benefits and application of Smartsheet’s products and solutions
- Qualify inbound leads and run new business sales cycles from end to end
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Acquire new business for Smartsheet by selling our full suite of products/services/solutions
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records via SalesForce
- Meet or exceed sales quotas by qualifying prospects
- Schedule online product demonstrations
- Execute effectively using consultative and solution oriented sales plans
- Ensure customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Consult with customers in defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy, in order to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Develop account plans for all strategic opportunities in your pipeline
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-4 years proven sales track record – preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in managing and maintaining customer relationships in a B2B environment
- Formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Ability to gain an in-depth knowledge of Smartsheet’s products and services, their functionality and applications in customer learning and development initiatives
- Must know and understand how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Promotes the importance of collaboration within and across our business to create, capture, share and maximize value. Interacts effectively with others; is considerate and approachable; values, respects, and welcomes differences and others’ perspectives; is mindful of own authority and personal impact.
- Proven ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Establishes clear goals and priorities for the business; translates strategy into action plans; keeps the business focused on the core drivers of profitable growth. Holds self and others accountable for performance goals; does what is needed to ensure the business consistently delivers with excellence.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact with senior level corporate management
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and an ability to understand new technical concepts
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!