Smartsheet is looking for a Marketing Solutions Manager who will provide business and technical leadership in the area of marketing throughout the sales process of our marketing solutions. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise to ensure successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as deep marketing expertise is required. This high profile role falls under the umbrella of World-Wide Field Operations.
Job responsibilities include:
- Partner with Enterprise, Commercial Sales Teams, and appropriate partners by owning the technical sales process of our marketing related products in support of selling Smartsheet
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide advice and guidance on Smartsheet marketing offerings to prospect and current customers
- Design and develop creative solutions based on customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Work closely with Product Management to develop repeatable solutions as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions to provide input on new feature requests
- Work closely with Marketing to develop messaging and campaigns that provide the right information to marketing professionals seeking more information about our marketing solutions. Assist with any content necessary for campaigns or advertisements focused on marketing personas.
- Assist in enabling Sales and Sales Engineers to more effectively position Smartsheet marketing products
- Proactively support prospects in performing evaluations to ensure that they are keeping their scope and timeline
- Periodically travel to customer sites serving as a technical resource and engaging with customer IT professionals regarding integrations
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 5-8 years experience in Marketing
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies with a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate the functionality of Smartsheet
- Experience developing MS Excel-based solutions for collaboration/workflow/project management requirements
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Background in building credibility with customers to understand their initiatives
- Strong competence participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Certified in Smartsheet
- Deep knowledge of marketing tech ecosystem (CMS, CRM, DAM tools)
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!