Manager, Strategic Sales Engineering
- Bellevue, WA
Smartsheet is looking for a talented and driven Manager of Strategic Sales Engineering who will provide business leadership and team development for technical sales across enterprise customers. You will lead and scale a team of effective, consultative, and technical sales engineers, be a role model on our most important opportunities, and assist in developing insights and strategies that ensure successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. A proven track record of technical sales leadership, scaling businesses, talent management, consultative solution selling, and sales innovation is required. This high-profile role reports to our Sr. Manager of Strategic Sales Engineering and will be working from a remote office within the western part of the US.
- Grow revenues by owning the technical sales process for Smartsheet’s SaaS platform to enterprise and commercial customers
- Be the recognized Smartsheet technical sales architect, develop deep Smartsheet solution relevance and selectively engage in our most strategic customer opportunities
- Ability to lead, influence, collaborate and communicate with internal & external stakeholders.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire the sales engineering team
- Proven experience in recruiting, hiring and leading teams
- High levels of energy, passion, innovation, and enthusiasm.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early-stage software, preferably enterprise SaaS, technical pre-sales experience in a new category
- 5+ years’ experience in technical sales in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- 3+ years in a management / and or team lead role
- Experience building, developing and leading a team of technical or solutions sales professionals including managers
- Experience with collaboration/workflow/project management solutions for line-of-business and/or IT buyers
- Strong competence and experience participating in a complex, solution-based enterprise sales process in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change and the opportunity to innovate is a constant
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), deep technical acumen and situational awareness to elevate the most relevant aspects of technical subjects to effectively achieve the desired outcomes with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Willing to travel periodically (approximately 50%) based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top