Manager, Sales Development
- Boston, MA
Smartsheet is looking for a dynamic and supportive Manager, Sales Development to provide daily coaching and leadership to a team of SDRs. This team will have primary responsibility for servicing inbound sales inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director, Sales Development, located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Support SDRs through stages of lead engagement and qualification
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of Smartsheet's complete capabilities
- Manage day-to-day schedules of the team
- Be an active coach through call reviews and feedback sessions
- Motivate individuals to succeed through impassioned leadership, coaching, creative incentives, and celebration of results
- Develop incentive plans and SPIFFs to foster an environment that values competition and collaboration
- Guide program and participant success; invest in the success of the team and mentor a team early in their sales career
- 3+ years sales experience or 1+ years SaaS leadership experience
- Experienced, motivated and with a "roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude
- Passion for coaching and mentoring emerging sales talent
- Experience giving both positive and constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Capability to understand customer pain points and requirements, capacity to respond with value of Smartsheet products and services
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top