Smartsheet is looking for our next Engineering Manager to help us build and drive one of our new projects in the Business Systems API and Opscon Framework area. This team owns core pieces that every other product in Smartsheet works with to allow their new features and onboard customers to new plans.
This is a highly visible area where we are having significant investment. This team is being newly formed, so you will help us in hiring, defining the road map, and in technical aspects, like designing and coding. You will mentor engineers, scale the team and be a leader on the projects. You will promote positive change in the work environment with experience delivering on commitments. You will communicate proactively to different audiences, including executives and non-technical partners.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make a difference every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director of Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Mentor team members regarding architecture and best practices
- Influence technical direction of the group
- Create a partnership with product management and other areas of the business
- Bring teams together, find and promote solutions when issues inhibit the effectiveness of multiple teams
- Represent your projects in reviews
- Manage the team as if it's a small startup in a bigger ecosystem with a broad cross-team mindset.
- Analyze feature sets for market effectiveness, implementation efficiency and performance:
- Encourage appropriate feedback and discussions with Product and Design
- Participate in recruiting
- 5+ years software development experience
- 1+ years of previous management experience. While previous management experience is a plus, it is not mandatory.
- Experience building scalable, highly available cloud applications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!