Manager, Commercial Sales Engineering
- Boston, MA
Smartsheet is looking for a Manager, Commercial Sales Engineering who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will be a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. Demonstrated experience with technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, and consultative solution sales SE experience is required.
This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Boston, MA.
- Hire, coach, and manage sales engineers while delivering on, and exceeding, all performance targets
- Support Inside Sales Engineers ability to perform presentations of Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations
- Assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers and resolve conflicts
- Collaborate with Sales Management to identify areas of opportunity to speed up the sales cycle, increase conversion rates and increase average sales price
- Collaborate with internal product, customer success, and professional service teams to provide the best customer experience (development, purchase, delivery, and deployment of Smartsheet)
- Help create new product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Smartsheet's value proposition using techniques which include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, trial management and documents
- Make recommendations on solution design, platform deployment, and integration with Enterprise architectures to optimize customer experience and Smartsheet platform effectiveness
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team and the larger sales organization
- 3+ years in sales engineer management experience in the SaaS and enterprise software industry
- Experience selling a multipurpose product applicable to multiple lines of business or industries
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- Able to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deeply understanding of functionality, use cases, and business and technical elements.
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Suite skills
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and products
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top