Manager, Commercial Sales - Client Development
Smartsheet is seeking a Manager, Commercial Sales to coach and lead a team of up to eight Client Development Managers. As a Manager, Commercial Sales, you will oversee a team responsible for closing new deals in existing accounts and driving them toward achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue and bookings goals.
You will report to the Director, Commercial Sales and is based at Smartsheet in Boston, MA.
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating Client Development Managers
- Formulate and execute on quarterly sales plans
- Participate in the hiring of Client Development Managers
- Inspire and lead a dynamic velocity sales team
- Coach and provide feedback to reps in the areas of sales/personal development, direction and focus
- Conduct quarterly progress review sessions with each representative
- Manage productivity, funnel of opportunities and quality to ensure teams meet established goals and standards
- Ongoing process improvements, recommendations and implementation of these
- Assist in managing programs to achieve target goals for team and individual representatives
- Work with Fortune 500-5000 accounts
- 3+ years successful SaaS sales experience
- 2+ years successful sales management experience
- Experience selling in the technology field or SaaS industry
- Personally demonstrated that all customers and team members are a high priority by identifying and responding to their need accordingly
- Recognize opportunities and initiate actions to maximize them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation. Convey a high-level of concern for all employees, while ensuring that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Be a role model. Anticipate and plans for change. Communicate a vision to a team
- Collaborate with senior executives to develop long-range goals; monitors on-going performance against these goals; identify potential problems and initiates appropriate corrective actions to maximize results
- Success in building highly prolific sales team
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Tableau preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to make an impact everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top