Are you looking to make a real impact in your next role? Are you obsessed with the success of your customers? Do you embrace new challenges and courageous conversations? If you answered Yes to the above, use your powers for good and come join the Smartsheet family!
Our Customer Excellence team is looking for a Customer Success Manager, to manage a set of enterprise accounts and improve customer satisfaction, application engagement, customer retention, and growth. In this role, you will be the primary contact for customers, understanding their success criteria, sharing best practices, providing solution guidance, and helping them realise value from Smartsheet. You will also have a track record for Software as a Service (SaaS) account management and maintaining high customer renewal rates because of ongoing customer engagement and technical leadership.
This important role will report into a Manager, Customer Success and is based at Smartsheet in Sydney, Australia.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across an established market.
- Understand the customer’s business model, important initiatives, and organisational structure
- Build and execute a territory plan that results in meeting/exceeding performance targets
- Perform initial onboarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifetime
- Establish a regular cadence of customer communication to guide them through their Smartsheet journey and ensure adoption
- Be the Smartsheet expert, providing guidance to customers that enables them to improve how they collaborate within their organisation and with external partners
- Analyse usage patterns to gain insights. Based on these insights, create and execute programs to increase user adoption.
- Partner closely with the Sales and Professional Services teams to build strategies and identify growth opportunities that provide high value to customers
- Engage existing users to understand how they are using Smartsheet to increase impact and create communities of advocates
- Be the escalation contact to manage critical situations
- Minimum of 3 years of Customer Success or Account Management experience working with Enterprise customers, preferably with a SaaS software company
- Proven ability to engage with leaders in large organisations.
- The ability to establish symbiotic relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical users
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration and teaming skills
- A passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Outstanding task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!