Director, Marketing Automation
- Bellevue, WA
We are looking for an experienced Director, Marketing Automation, to lead our Marketing Automation team. Your mission is to lead the team to design, build, measure, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing automation and email campaigns. You will work with marketing, sales, and executive management teams to help grow sales and improve customer engagement.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to do their very best work. Today, we provide a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better results.
You will report to our VP, Sales Productivity & Operations, located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Create and guide marketing automation strategy and team effectiveness
- Lead a team who develop complex automated marketing campaigns with performance focus
- Be a team leader and expert in our complex Marketo instance and connected systems
- Take on major strategic projects involving multiple systems and cross-team partnerships
- Promote framework for protecting the customer experience from poor or over communication
- Evaluate new tools and integrations for scalability and effectiveness
- Drive A/B testing methodology in partnership with internal stakeholders to improve emails and landing pages
- Promote segmentation framework to improve customer touches around type of lead
- Analyze what’s working and what’s not - direct team to maximize effectiveness
- Support other duties as assigned
- 10+ years experience with email marketing systems – (ex. Marketo or Eloqua)
- Hands-on experience using CRM and database platforms – (ex. Salesforce)
- A bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent discipline
- A curious mindset and the skills needed to measure performance
- Experience working with executive, business and technical audiences
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we aim to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are motivated, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top