Customer Success Manager
Smartsheet is looking for a Customer Success Manager to manage a set of large accounts to help promote a high level of customer satisfaction, successful product use, and customer retention. You will be the primary contact for important customers, understand customer success criteria, address questions, resolve issues and over time serve as a trusted Smartsheet advisor. For you, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at an essential moment and have a significant impact. You have experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) account management, maintaining high customer renewal rates as a result of ongoing customer engagement and technical leadership.
This important role will report to a Manager of Customer Success and is based at Smartsheet corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Perform initial onboarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifetime
- Implement a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high customer satisfaction
- Be the Smartsheet expert, providing guidance and addressing challenges on work/ project management and collaboration to customers
- Perform periodic customer success reviews that confirm satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the Technical Support team, and expand Smartsheet use throughout the account
- Develop tools and and best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer satisfaction
- Be the primary interface to manage and resolve important situations
- Work with the Sales and Professional Services teams to share customer insights that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- Provide expert customer insight to product management, marketing and sales on what innovation and improvement in the user experience, product capabilities and features, and customer engagement processes that ensure rapid adoption, usage velocity, high renewal and referral rates in our larger customers, many of which operate at massive scale
- Exceed all performance targets, including maintaining high unit renewal rates
- Account management experience with mid to later stage SaaS software, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is preferred
- 3+ years of experience maintaining valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- Outstanding task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and technical elements
- The ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end-user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to build trust by understanding customer requirements and addressing concerns.
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Meet Some of Smartsheet's Employees
Carissa C.Manager of Software Development
Carissa collaborates with product managers, designers, and user experience specialists to create high quality front-end applications that appeal to Smartsheet's customer base.
Back to top