Smartsheet is looking for a proven Commercial Staff Security Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the sales process. This is an “apprentice-style” role in which you will learn the foundational skills to build a career in Security Sales Engineering.
We are looking for motivated and intelligent individuals. This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at the Smartsheet office in Bellevue, WA.
- Develop the skills to provide security information and guidance as the Smartsheet subject matter expert to prospects, as well as current enterprise users
- Represent Smartsheet’s security and compliance capabilities to prospects; proactively support prospects in performing evaluations; ensure that prospects keep to their security evaluation scope and timelines
- Partner with sales executives by owning the security evaluation process in support of selling Smartsheet’s SaaS platform to prospects and existing customers.
- Become a recognized Smartsheet security expert and develop relationships with key stakeholders in the relevant customer and partner groups associated with SaaS Security and Compliance standards, policies and practices
- Learn to serve as front-line expert for “best practice” and prospect security issues, tracking these issues and ensuring prompt follow up and problem resolution
- Work closely with product management and operations as the customer advocate on security and administration feature requests
- Provide support for preparing security responses, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Customer facing skills
- Experience in IT, Compliance, Security, or other related fields
- Interest in developing your expertise around Security and Compliance
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Drive and ability to obtain CISSP certification
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!