Commercial Sales Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Smartsheet is looking for a Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will be a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Sydney, Australia.
- Be a recognized Smartsheet expert and develop deep Smartsheet relevance (workflow definition, solution design, etc.) for key functional areas, such as Project Management, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.
- Support Inside Sales Representatives with requests to perform technical Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations.
- Assist Sales Engineers in design and develop of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems, and translate these problems into Smartsheet Solutions.
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to sales team as well as new team and enterprise prospects.
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Great listening skills are a must
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deeply understanding of functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top