Smartsheet is looking for a Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will be a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption.
This high profile role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate HQ in Bellevue, WA.
- Be a recognized Smartsheet expert and develop deep Smartsheet knowledge relevance (workflow definition, solution design)
- Partner with Commercial Account Executives to deliver technical demonstrations of Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons
- Collaborate with existing Sales Engineers in the design of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide daily product/technical support to sales team and new team and enterprise prospects
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledge base and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical subject matter expert to the sales team.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Other duties as assigned
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 2+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and enterprise software industry
- Technical leadership and outstanding customer-facing skills
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire understanding of functionality, use cases, and business and technical elements.
- Consultative approach regarding technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Suite skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!