Channel Account Manager - Federal
- Washington, DC
Smartsheet is looking for a regional Channel Account Manager for the Federal Sales Channel based in the Washington DC area. You will increase our Fed sales by managing and recruiting our Fed focused partner community. You will be a quota-carrying, revenue-producing role that recruits, onboards and manages relationships with a defined portfolio of partners. You will manage selective new partner recruitment, engaging the partner with the Smartsheet Aligned partner program, and driving joint partner business planning. You will also collaborate with Smartsheet direct Fed sales teams locally, but report to the global channel leader based in Bellevue, WA.
- Recruit new partners aligned with our ideal partner profile. Current partner types include: VARs, Referral Partners, Distributors, System Integrators, and ISVs.
- Manage the government procurement process through and with partners, including distributors [Carahsoft] and marketplaces [AWS]
- Meet revenue targets by building relationships with potential and existing channel partners
- Engage and manage Smartsheet partner programs and relationships to support partnership goals and sales opportunities (e.g. direct sales, sales engineers, channel marketing)
- Manage a multi-quarter and annual planning process with important partners: Enablement, Co-Marketing, Sales pipeline. Channel pipeline, forecast reporting and track progress through the sales cycle. Host QBRs.
- Drive monthly partner alignment sessions to review partners’ pipelines, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Provide ongoing sales coaching and sales enablement activities, and work with the partner organizations to ensure they complete any required partner training and certifications
- Work with partners and other resources (e.g. partner marketing manager) on developing and executing a partner marketing plan to drive demand to support revenue targets
- Review and advise partners on sales responses for RFIs/RFPs
- Secure ongoing partner preference and investment in supplier relationships and offerings; grow the supplier’s share of mind and share of wallet within the partner organization
- Manage partners’ compliance with channel program requirements and governance on channel policies to maintain the partner relationship
- Provide field and partner input and feedback to internal supplier functions (e.g. sales, product, marketing) on tools and programs
- 5+ years of sales experience in Enterprise Application software. SaaS experience preferred.
- 5+ years of channel experience and, ideally, an existing network of software-focused partners in the Fed channel.
- Ability with partner recruitment and joint business planning.
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top