Account Executive - Client Development Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced sales professional to join our team as an Account Executive to grow and expand customer accounts. You have a track-record of over performance both in quota attainment and in developing customer accounts. This role is part of the Sales Organization and is based in our London, U.K. office
Salary - Competitive
Title: Account Executive (Client Development Manager)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to a Commercial Sales Manager in our London, UK office.
- Build a strategy for the territory that will help exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas.
- Create a tiered approach for engaging accounts that includes a "High Touch" strategy for the top 25% of accounts within your territory and a programmatic demand generation approach for the rest. For "High Touch" accounts, execute strategic plays that position Smartsheet as a mission-critical component of the customer's technology stack.
- Encourage internal partnerships with other teams including: Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Sales Development Representatives, and Smartsheet Consulting team members.
- Assess the current use of Smartsheet with our existing customers and build a plan to increase the business impact of Smartsheet by expanding/upgrading its use while finding new business opportunities with other teams.
- Effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet's unique value. Be the subject matter expert for how Smartsheet's capability solves our customer's pain points and accelerates their success.
- Demonstrated sales success; experience exceeding quotas
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably SaaS solutions
- New business selling experience of managing a large and diverse pipeline of sales opportunities
- Excellent ability to assess the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- History of accomplishing a complex, solution-based sales process
- Ability to remain optimistic, persistent, and resilient. Problem solver mentality.
- Bonus: Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education or relevant experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options, commuter discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!
Back to top