Telecommunications Cabling Technician
- Frederick, MD
Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Hea lth IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. The primary responsibilities of the Telecommunications Cabling Technician will be to splice fiber and copper in both outside and inside settings. The Technician must be able to read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams. The technician will adhere to work safety and following company policy/procedures on safety at all times. The candidate must have time management skills to include multitasking and have the ability to operate in a team environment while on-site. This will require the technician to be self-motivated and detail oriented while communicating both with internal and external customers.
Additional Responsibilities of the Technician include:
- Ability to terminate all forms of fiber by various methods
- Familiarity with fiber connector types and manufacturers
- Splice fiber optic cables to include loose tube and ribbon optic cables to include constructing a proper splice case, including but not limited to: grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and sealing.
- Experience testing single-mode and multi-mode fiber installations
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards
- Installing, terminating, and testing all forms of copper and fiber cabling
- Must be capable of physical activity, including working in manholes and hand holes, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting of 50lbs +
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Five plus years' experience in assembly, installation, and testing of communications cables by following drawings, specific instructions, or standard procedures.
- Confined space certification
- Ability to prepare and maintain splicing records, schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to perform work in accordance with industry standards.
- Ability to prepare engineering field notes.
- Ability to enter and maintain outside plant records.
- Ability to recognizing and repair route issues including hand-held clean-up.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outside Plant (OSP) installation of copper and fiber cables
- Copper cable splicing and testing high pair count (400-1200 pair) cables
- Fiber cable splicing (fusion), termination, and testing
- Read and understand system and cable assembly drawings
- Integrate cables and equipment in accordance with approved drawings and procedures
- Work in Manholes and other confined spaces
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Smartronix's Employees
John P.Co-founder & CEO
John ensures that each employee at Smartronix has the tools they need to succeed in their day-to-day responsibilities while maintaining a company culture that reflects a deep level of appreciation.
Back to top