Systems Administrator - Night Shift
- California, MD
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 1000 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
We are looking for a System Administrator to work within a 24x7 Information Technology Team supporting the Patuxent River Data Center under the NAWCAD DNA division. This is a position that provides a great opportunity for growth.
- Work within a 24x7 team providing continual support and monitoring of computer systems by resolving or escalating problems that arise
- Apply monthly maintenance on Windows OS devices to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Ensure monitoring tools are on-line and providing necessary alerting to provide notification of events/incidents/problems
- Physical security monitoring for access control
- Installation and cabling of systems within a Data Center
- Assist with maintaining team documentation
- Monitor Ticketing System Queues for inbound requests and/or issues
- Perform shift turnover functions and ensure the next shift has knowledge of all outages, notifications, and tasks needed to complete shift responsibilities
- Interface closely with management team by providing necessary notifications
- Other tasks as assigned by the Data Center Management team
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems including installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance practices, including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Ability to be a self-starter and take on the initiative to learn more advanced operations and technologies
- Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) certification required (Examples of minimum acceptable certifications : CCNA Security, CySA+, G SEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Must hold active Secret Clearance
- Experience in Windows Server 2012, 2016 Operating Systems
- VMware knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of ACAS and RMF preferred
- Unix knowledge desired
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top