System Administrator - Unix
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix Inc. is seeking a Unix System Administrator responsible for installing, configuring, and managing the Linux/Solaris operating systems and related tool sets supporting NAVAIR. This includes assisting with gathering requirements, developing and conducting design reviews, along with "as approved" implementations within the mainstream corporate infrastructure. Keeping servers "compliant" per NAVAIR and DISA policies to include backup and disaster recovery requirements, anti-virus protection, and implementing system security. Knowledge of backup plans and rotation cycles. Maintaining the information on the Knowledge Base site. Assisting with producing documentation that details and describes the systems, procedures, events, and any associated processes. Building new infrastructure servers. Maintaining, tuning, and patching systems for optimum performance and security. Migrating or upgrading systems, where applicable. Participating in monthly routine maintenance tasks. Responding to system failures promptly to bring applications back online.
- Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting methods.
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2).
- Experience with Solaris and Linux Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as addressing, service requests, routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.), and server consolidation.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, Sun Solaris 9/10 (UNIX), Red Hat, CentOS (Linux).
- Virtualization experience preferred.
Level of Education High School/Equivalent
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top