Solutions Architect - AWS Migration/Developer
- Washington, DC
Who we are
Smartronix, LLC., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
A Sr. Solution Architect with a passion for technology, the ability to understand and assess new technologies and understanding their applicability to business. We are seeking a driven individual who has a desire to work with some of the best Cloud Architects in the Market. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in delivery of Cloud Services. Our architects support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
The Sr. Solution Architect is a combination of an infrastructure and automation expert, trusted advisor and cloud services authority and will be responsible for design and implementation of IaaS and PaaS solutions executed and repeated in an Agile Enterprise Process workflow that includes peer reviews, automated testing, and close coordination with customers. #CJPOST
What to expect
- Lead and participate in the overall migration of a financial application from planning, strategy and approach perspective
- House responsibility for orchestrating a SAS to Python refactoring of an application using AWS Services
- Reverse engineer SAS with limited requirements and SME support
- Exercise experience with python 3.6 background and understanding of certain python libraries (pandas, numpy, PySpark, multi-thread libraries...)
- Exercise a deep understanding of python, Flask/Restful API, containerizing , cloud environment (ECS, elastic beanstalk...), step functions/lambdas to configure work flows and step execution.
- Experience working on teams operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Work with, lead and mentor the business and IT
- Developer Experience:
- Experience with Python 3.x
- Experience with statistical modeling and computations using Pandas, SciPy, NumPy libraries
- Experience with SAS for converting SAS modules to Python
- Experience with Py-Spark and EMR
- Experience with AWS boto3 library for interacting with AWS resources
- Experience with Flask and RestPlus for designing API endpoints for the models
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks and/or AWS SageMaker
- Experience with Git
- Experience with RDF (Stardog, Neptune, Anzo)
- Preferred to have knowledge and experience with Docker containerization of modules
- AWS Skills
- Experience with AWS ElasticBeanstalk - this is the deployment environment for the REST API endpoints for the services
- Experience with setting and configuring AWS EMR
- Experience with setting and configuring AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS) with Elastic Container Registry (ECR) and Fargate
- Experience with setting and configuring AWS Batch
- Experience with AWS Lambdas
- Experience with AWS StepFunctions
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience with ElastiCache (Redis)
- Experience with provisioning and setting Sagemaker for development teams
- Experience with provisioning and setting AWS CodeCommit or BitBucket repositories and AWS build pipelines for CI/CD using Jenkins
- Experience with provisioning and securing S3 buckets for services
- Experience with AWS networking concepts like configuring secure VPN networks and subnets, IP provisioning for AWS resources
- Experience with AWS Identity Management (IM)
- Experience with AWS KMS for setting private encryption keys at asset / project / account levels
- Experience with Auto Scaling/Load Balancer
- Experience with Athena/Redshift Spectrum
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
- 5+ years working or consulting directly on customer-facing project engagements
- 5+ years leveraging AWS platform services in a hands-on capacity
- Bachelor's Degree required or additional 5 years of relevant Information Technology experience accepted in lieu of degree
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 02. Public Trust
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top