Software Engineer/Developer - Java
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix is seeking a forward thinking, talented and passionate Software Engineer/Developer to work as a team member of the Defense Solutions Business Unit of Smartronix, Inc. The ideal candidate will be supporting one of our elite DOD/Intel customers to find new ways to discover, understand, and visualize information. This position entails building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The candidate will be responsible for application development in Python/Django or alternative language while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate directly with customers to ensure products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service.
This position is located in Washington DC, with periodic local travel to other customer-designated work sites.
Required Skills Skill Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and unit tests.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success.
- Perform technical support for products at customer sites.
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high performance tuning.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation.
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement.
- Domestic travel as needed.
Required Experience Required Experience:
- Must have 5+ years experience with .Net Framework 3.5.
- Must have 5+ years experience with C# and/or other object oriented programming languages.
- Experience building ESRI ArcMap .Net and C# extensions and add-ons.
- Experience integrating applications with intelligence databases such as MIDB a plus.
- Experience integrating with third party systems using SSL, Rest and SOAP a plus.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming is required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience developing multi threaded applications a plus.
- Working experience with Postgres/PostGIS, or Oracle database a plus.
- Hands on experience with OpenStreetMap, OGC, or other GIS a plus.
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Up to 25%
Clearance Level Required 06. SCI
US Citizenship Required Yes
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top